View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #24
CaysE

It still has the complete drivetrain with the TBI unit and air cleaner removed. Flowmaster exhaust. Fuel tank and lines all still on the car. The engine had a rod knock (my guess is a clogged oil pickup), the trans was in good shape, and the floorboards are good as far as I know. The only rot I've found is where the doors, fenders, and sideskirts all meet each other. Apparently this is fairly common on thirdgens.

Suspension is used KYB dampers, Eibach Sportlines, stock upper strut mounts, newly rebuilt a-arms per above, & stock swaybars. Stock disk/drum brakes. The Spohn/Moog steering parts are off the car but can easily be reinstalled at least for towing.

Exterior only has the following still on the car: complete rear bumper w/GFX, hatch with 3-piece wing, lexan t-tops with vinyl bag, grid taillights, and stock hood. Everything else is gone (front bumper, fenders, doors and sideskirts).

Interior still has the complete dash and cluster, Autometer water temp gauge, most of the center console with connected auto shifter and ebrake, front carpet, spare tire, and most interior panels removed but in the car. Seats, rear carpet, hatch pulldown motor, and one of the door panels are gone. Because the hatch motor is gone, the hatch will not close. You'll need some way to secure it if you want the whole car. I also have a vinyl (not plastic) dashpad from my '86 sport coupe. It isn't cracked, but the vinyl is torn away a bit at the driverside corner.

Found some audio stuff in the car, too. Crappy Sony headunit, Polk front speakers and Alpine Type-S rear speakers.

If you want the car as described here, haul it out of my garage for $500 and I'll throw in all the stock thirdgen parts I can find. If you want all the Spohn parts, ProKit springs, new dampers, new strut mounts, stainless brake hoses, L69 intake, a spare OEM headliner board, new roll of black headliner material, spare auto shifter with leather knob, and whatever else I can find, take everything for a grand. Absolutely everything. I have '92 and '86 Helms manuals that I'll give you, and probably a stack of other books and manuals, too. It's a treasure trove at that price.

Last edited by CaysE; 09-26-2008 at 11:38 AM.