View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 08:30 PM   #6
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

fittings ordered and will arrive tomorrow. There is a lot of them and I am not thrilled about having that may connections to make on the fuel and nitrous systems, but I will take my time and do it as neat/properly as possible. It is a lot though... but that is because I am using 3/16" hard-line. if I was just using the -an braided hoses, there would be less fittings, but then I would have swoopy "messy" lines all curling about in a very confined area. Not desirable for me.

Also ordered some jets after doing some calculations to figure out what will work for a 75 shot, 100, 125, 150 shot. Some of the jets I already have will work too, so I only had to order about 6 jets for now.

Was going to install the Autolite 3923 spark plugs, but I was hesitant to do so after checking the gap on them when Itook them out of the box. They appear to be factory gapped at about .038 to .040 and I think that is too big of a gap. probably ok for N/A, but for a small nitrous shot, I would think I should go .030 or so. Thoughts?

Took care of about 95% of the wiring too. Well, actually 100% if I do decide NOT to use the fuel pressure safety switch. If I do decide to use it, I will have to decide if I should wire it in with the (master-arming switch -> ecu) or (momentary switch on the shifter -> ecu) Not sure if it matters, and still not even sure I want to install it. Some of the EFI and nitrous gurus I've talked to elsewhere say that the switch isn't necessary, and other people seem to like having multiple safety features in place. Again, keep in mind, the sniper ecu will instantly kill the nitrous if it reaches my lean-cutoff parameters.

In wiring the nitrous to the ecu, I had to loose my 2-step rev limiter because that occupied my input#2 spot of the 10 pin sniper connector. I'm ok with not having a 2-step as I am just foot brake launching at 1,800 rpms anyway.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 08-31-2021 at 08:33 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote