View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 08:33 PM   #8
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

well this is exciting for me at least, not sure if anyone else is enjoying! Sorry for all my excessive typing and posting, just showing my progress and in case anyone has any tech advice, I would rather they see what I am putting on the forum, and send over any advice as I progress.

Got the fuel side plumbed up today. A couple complicated bends. Turned out pretty good, but I will eventually make some neater lines for version2. Decided to do a dual purge since I had hard-line and fittings. I only needed one additional specific fitting, so a quick ride over to Bruce's speed shop in Rockaway, and bought it. Buttoned everything up and pressure tested the nitrous side by turning on the bottle. No leaks at all at any of the fittings, and the dual purge worked as intended, had my wife test it. Primed the fuel system and it shot to 60 psi on my in-line gauge, then dropped down to about 45 after 5 seconds, and then slowly dropped to 22 psi where it held for about an hour, until I primed it again and it still held. No leaks at any of the fittings either.

Peeled off the protective blue tape, zip tied a few things up, put all the spark plug wires on and checked fluids. Loaded up that "baby" progressive 75 shot tune (see above). Engine ran fine as normal, even with the new colder plugs it acted the same. After warm up I only had time for a quick test drive just to make sure all the systems (lines, fittings, electronics, tune, etc) functioned properly. Did a brief test rip and it took it just fine. I know a slow progressive ramped 75 shot is hardly anything, but it was nice to feel it come in, and to smell that smell of burnt nitrous in the exhaust fumes. Will examine the datalogs soon, as well as pull out some plugs and see how they look too.

I do have some cleanup to do under the hood still, so this isn't the final result, but it is a working system. Also, would like to polish the valve covers, sniper unit, and whatnot. Car show season and some Test -n-tune nights are coming up soon.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote