View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
L695speed

AutoX for beginners

Hey all,

I was wondering if there were any prerequisites for the autoX events at the Giants Stadium (I know its metlife now but its always been giants stadium for me). I was advised by a friend to stay away from the road course events til I try a bit of Autocrossing. He said I could in theory take any car I wished and just go have fun. He and a friend took a Nissan Juke to an event.... SO...I'm thinking, maybe me and my brother might make an appearance at the stadium for some fun. I'll take my 2000 Outback (yes the legacy based one) wagon with a 5 speed manual bone stock except for an upgraded rear sway, and he might have his five speed WRX wagon. While not ideal, you gotta start somehow. I know of the autoXforyou site. Just want some input from people who've done the events or know of others that are not on that site. Also are their any fees? There have to be. Just want to know what they are.

I might show up with a Miata, if my plan to get one as a summer daily goes through (providing I have any money coming in) and the TA might show if its done. But I need to know, (other than helmet) if there is anything else they require of cars that will run the course. Roll cages are out of the question for all, though the Miata might have the double roll hoop that you often see on them.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by L695speed; 01-16-2012 at 11:34 PM.
L695speed is offline   Reply With Quote