Thread: 92 Firebird
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 08:32 AM   #121
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

OK, first hot day with the car in the sun and I forgot the windshield shade, the black aluminum shift knob HAS to go. Later even with something covering the knob it was still almost too hot to touch. I found some carbon fiber knobs, but I think they may also still be too hot. I guess I'll look for something in leather.

Also I got a Fumoto drain valve for it to make oil changes easier. I also got one for the BBC, but I got the plain short one for that since the plug points straight down on the pan. I also got the spacer since the oil plug is recessed in the JZ pan, like the factory F-body.
I am almost due/past due for an oil change since the oil in the engine has been in there for a while, but I changed it when I had originally put this engine in the Camaro. I already put over 500 miles on the swap in just ~two weeks. I am almost to the interval from when I had the 3.1 in the car, so I will go by that.

Just having fun driving it and seeing how low I can get in gear with the torque. First fill up I got just under 20mpg, 19 and change, but I couldn't keep my foot out of it. This one I have been keeping nice with the go pedal and up shifting as soon as possible. The Torque app says I am getting mid 20's for my average, and I think is possible. I have 350 miles on this tank already, I'll fill up and check again tonight, I forgot last night
I am going to try my hand now at doing a flash using a manual Camaro tune, but moving as many of the 4.8 tables over as I can. Not sure if it will work or not, but the AC wouldn't turn the compressor on with the truck tune, and I NEED AC in the car, plus I would like to reverse lockout to work. I am tired of fighting the solenoid.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote