View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #23
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Update:

Last night I used some cheap engine scanner tool and the only code I could get was P0161 which is the rear O2 sensor. The scanner didn't provide any other information so I can't saying anything more about that. However, that code has been coming and going for the past year or so (if it makes a difference, I notice it usually trips under decent acceleration when the car is still cold). That was the only code that came up, so I removed it (probably shouldn't have).

Today I had a friend with a computer using autoenginuity software and didn't find any other trouble codes. The program was quite massive so I probably looked over valuable information ... oops.

After the scan I tried starting it again, it started and made it to about 2000rpm and immediately dropped. Tried again and got nothing. Third time killed the battery, not enough juice to turn it over (maybe like 1 revolution).

Since there were no codes related to the Opti I kinda ruled that out. Any easy way to check for spark? Like maybe a volt meter? Then I can say for sure there is spark.

Then I proceeded to check for fuel. I didn't hear any whine from the pump but that doesn't say much. I located the pressure valve on top of the intake and removed the cap. Pressed in on the valve (no keys in ignition) and it spurted some fuel. Tried it again and it dribbled at most. Turned the key to "on" and pressed in again, still only a dribble. Tried to crank it with a weak battery and it didn't turn much, but enough to say there should be enough power for the pump (correct me if I am mistaken). At this point I am thinking the stock fuel pump might have died which would be better than the Opti. I am charging up a battery jumper now. Are there any other tests I could perform to test the fuel pump? Trying to get a hold of a fuel pressure gauge.

Thanks for the replies so far, greatly appreciate the insight.

Back to studying for finals ...
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote