View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 09:41 AM   #8
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

Should change the name from Pampered-Z to Moneypit-Z

So now that Summit went 1/8 mile I'm not running the series. Too hard to dial hard with a manual. In the 1/4 I could use my top end speed and play the top end. So not sure how much racing I'll be doing with it?

Spent the winter fixing ALLOT of stuff on the car, and spending allot of money!

Priority : Last year I continued to chase an issue where the car would very randomly cut out in the higher RPMs. ( no codes, scans looked fine ) Tried a bunch of stuff with no luck. So over the winter I tore everything out! build a new engine wiring harness from the ECM out to the engine bay. All new connectors, replaced every sensor, ign module, coil, opti, wires plug etc. Made about 7-8 passes and that seemed to fix the issue.

Fixed some stuff like re-wrapping the headers and Y-pipe, install some stuff that has been sitting around for year. Panhard relocation bracket, some new gauges, interior work like repainting the roll bar.

While working on it I noticed small stuff like the rubber boots on the ball joints were starting to dry rot, so fixed all them and replaced allot of bushing with new Poly..

Now that everything SEEMED GOOD - I decided to upgrade to longer wheel studs but they don't make the 3" in metric, so I had to buy new axles with 1/2" x 3" studs. (Ordered in February - still waiting!)

So was out cruising and noticed the clutch was sticking when it got hot. pulled it apart and the clutch was toast! badly worn and lots of hot spots. Called Mcleod and they no longer support the LT1 street twin, so I switched to a Spec stag4. Just got this installed and having issues. The peddle releases almost at the floor ( I have the Tick master turned all the way out ). Spec suggested driving it for a few hundred miles and see if it changes. Drive it about 40 miles so far and no change..... If not it has to come out and get sent back. Read on a few sites Spec may need to shim it?

AND ODDLY - Now there is a guy interested in the car and has made a significant offer that I'm REALLY thinking about?
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!

Last edited by Pampered-Z; 05-12-2022 at 09:46 AM.
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote