View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #24
Batman
11 Second Club

Where's my soapbox....ahhh there it is!
Keep in mind, STREET CAR that sees track duty not TRACK CAR that sees the street. All of us are right and all of us are wrong. I think the point is he is looking for better launch traction and still be able to drive the car safely and without too much discomfort on the street. Using bump stops to control suspension travel over the road is a terrible idea. They will start to deflect and on bumpy roads and wear out in a hurry. Not to mention they will knock your teeth out ride wise and make all kinds of noise. Also in respone to BMF I did word that wrong. If there is a spring in there the shocks don't support the weight of the car per say, that is my mistake, but they will be suffering more weight transfer then with the correct springs because the spring isn't doing the work it is supposed to. That is when you can run into porposing, shock deflection, shock bottom and top out and all kinds of other problems you wouldn't face on a drag launch. There is no reason to risk bad weight transfer on the road and the safety hazards it causes for a tenth on you 60 foot time. THAT is why I suggested better tires or a dedicated set of track tires. I may not be able to cut a 1.3 go foot time in my car but I am still hitting 1.5's and don't have to panic every time I hit a bump going around a corner.
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote