View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 08:16 AM   #79
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

So it was quite the weekend. Pops was working on the body work Friday after the rain stopped and all day Saturday. While sanding, he broke through the primer in a few areas so those got a recoat late Saturday evening. He was probably out there until 11:30PM but it was now all one color again.

I loaded the truck with all the parts later in the day and planned to get the car on the trailer in the AM. With the car on the trailer, I noticed one of the tires looked low on air. I assumed I got a nail and sure enough....yep. Good thing I have a spare right??? The spare mount has two studs and nuts. It seems the trailer place that tossed this one for me crossthreaded one of the nuts but thankfully my impact got it off. I let it sit on the ground for a good while before attempting to handle it.

The spare went on and off we went to Pt. Pleasant. At this point, the AM didn't go as I planned and was now running about 1.5 hrs late. To say I was pissed and in a crappy mood was an understatement. Thankfully we didn't hit much traffic and it all got there safely. My Dad and I met up with my sister and Adam for lunch. Adam was nice enough to crack the shop open to plug and swap the wheel/tire.

Pops will be in Pt. Pleasant until the car is painted and put together as much as it can be. It's almost convenient he is down the shore in the summer time..... Almost like he planned it this way. Hmmmm.

Hopefully it will see paint within the next two weeks.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote