View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #14
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

I truly can't see how this mod is giving those types of gains?

Isn't this s cheap-man's version of the swirl port / fast burn heads? Couldn't the same results be achieved by installing "the Tornado"? Don't people drive differently when being conscious to save fuel?

I'll admit I didn't read all the stories, but the ones that I did read seems they all machined the heads or other changes, they didn't simply take a motor with many miles, pull the heads, cut the grooves, and reinstall and get big gains. No, they took old motor, rebuild and machine the heads (which reduces the C.C.) and then they saw gains. DUH, They'd see gains without the freaken grooves!

11:1 Comp on pump gas? And how much compression is the cam bleeding off?

Sorry, I might believe a 2-3, MAYBE 5% increase my turning your old heads into a semi-late model swirl port, but these numbers just aren't logical to me.

Take a new car with an LS2 motor, Get MPG and dyno, do nothing more then the grooves and don't tell the owner ( so they don't drive any differently ).

Then give me fuel consumption and dyno results and I'll be a believer.
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote