View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 07:49 AM   #10
diablo2424

I was good friends with Kyia, the female driver of the car, and have been trying to figure out what generation Camaro Rene had since it happened. I only met Rene once at my best friends wedding last summer, so I didn't have a chance to see his car, also it was fairly new to him (he just bought it used only about a week or so prior to the accident), as I was told by some friends.

Thank you for helping identify the generation for me, and I do believe it was a V6, he wasn't a gearhead, so I wouldn't have expected him to have an LT1 model.

From what I heard, what happened was that something caused the car to stop running while they were in the middle lane of the express side of the GSP, Kyia was driving and began to panic (from what we've gathered) stopping the car in the middle of the parkway. At that point, they were trying to waive people around them with their arms out of the windows, but the Yukon, which was 2-3 cars behind them didn't see them stopped and hit them from behind. They both died at the scene and the driver of the Yukon, a 60 year old man from Howell, walked away, even after his truck flipping from the force.

R.I.P. Kyia and Rene, and prayers to all of our friends (esp. Matt, Kyia's boyfriend who had to work and couldn't make the trip to NYC with them) and their families.

Last edited by diablo2424; 02-07-2017 at 07:50 AM.
diablo2424 is offline   Reply With Quote