View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 09:28 PM   #1
madness410

awesome opportunity i came across

in 2011 or so i bought a black 2002 camaro with ebony leather interior. around this time in 2015 i sold it so i could put a down payment on the house i was purchasing. although it was a v6 it was still one of my most favorite cars i ever owned. i bought it myself, took my (now) fiancé on our first date in it, drove around with my college buddies in it. there were a lot of great memories i had with it, road trips, etc. the sentimental value was high.

today i was cleaning out my contacts in my phone and came across the guy’s number i sold it to. i texted him to ask how the camaro was doing. he said it was on its last legs and had some electrical issues, has been sitting for 3 months, needs work. i sold it with 125k miles it now has 160k.

he asked if i wanted to buy it. i asked him the ballpark range and he said $700.

i went to check it out today. it needed a jump to start, definitely a detail, security light was on. i drove it around the parking lot of his complex since the kid said it wasn’t currently registered. it ran pretty well. a lot of the issues he pointed out weren’t major major issues and could be fixed.

he lowered his price to $500 and said that he wanted it out of there.

the car had a non cracked upper dash pad, ebony leather interior in good shape, t tops, center console lid is in good shape, sun visors that aren’t faded or broken. worst case scenario i can part it out and make my money back.

tomorrow i’ll throw in an offer to him. luckily i just bought a new place with a two car garage so i can keep my ws6 and possibly camaro right next to eachother.

...maybe a ls1 swap may be in store for it in the future. who knows. i’d need to read up more about how to do a swap on a v6 car.

i thought it was exciting just wanted to share.

here’s how she sits today

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/...d=500715828460

Last edited by madness410; 04-11-2018 at 09:34 PM.
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote