View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 08:36 AM   #40
ThoR294
^^^Lover of bad cars^^^ Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
What's the latest from eBay, the seller, and the titled owner?
eBay said they can't do anything because it is 10 years old. They sent me some advice (local police, IC3, internet crime complaint center which is an FBI thing apparently)

Seller ignores all my phone calls, tried different area codes, no workie. Didn't respond to my e-mail saying I was filing a Police Report. I filed an IC3 case which eBay recommended. I texted him while I was driving the car about the issues. I said " we can work out a fair price or I can dispute charges, etc. " No response. His last text was "gotta go to work bye".

I haven't really talked to the titled owner. In reality his car was a piece but it wasn't "his car" that sold. It sold originally for $1700, which is way better than $2300. the $600 would pay for new tires and new brakes, so I wouldn't be that pissed off.

I know I can get a trans for it out of the junkyard, and I have spare wheels for it. So I could fix it sorta easily. I just don't wanna touch it till the dust settles. I'll make it work either way. I just now know even if you see a big symbol on ebay that says YOU'RE PROTECTED... read the fine print at the end, because 10 years or older and you're beat on eBay
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS M6 - Lol

Last edited by ThoR294; 03-09-2017 at 08:37 AM.
ThoR294 is offline   Reply With Quote