View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 09:43 AM   #43
ThoR294
^^^Lover of bad cars^^^ Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Yeah, don't touch it & follow through with the legal process.

Thankfully, you have the means & ability to make this work either way, but I'd wager there are a ****-load of people that have been screwed by this guy (and others like him), that don't end up as fortunately. Hopefully you can weed out one of the bad ones.
My greatest victory would be for him to lose his ebay account and paypal, so he doesn't try to flip cars sight unseen anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
I've bought dozens of cars on eBay and craigslist. Many sight unseen. You just have to assume the worst. I look at a car online and then determine if it turns out to be junk, could I make my money back in parts at least. actually, if I can't make 3x the purchase price parting it out, its not worth the risk.

Remember all cars are sold for a reason, and the most common reason is a mechanical problem or similar that sellers would rather not disclose. People are not trustworthy. That's life. Also eBay has a lot of unknown loopholes both for sellers and buyers, over the past 16 years I've seen a lot.

Either fix the car with used parts, even used tires and sell it. Don't bother registering it. Or cut it up and look for something else, or even find another one with a bad motor or such and use the first one as a donor.
CL I will always go look. eBay I thought hey im protected! look at that big shield there! Wel, I messed up bigtime lol.
Yeah people sell cars for mechanical issues but some sell to get a new ride, you never know. It's a fun experience buying a private sale car.

I found those loopholes out real quick lol. Fun fun.

I definitely wont cut it up. I will fix it with cheap parts, and I am going to fully inspect it more when the dust settles. Trans is cake in these. Just worried about engine.
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS M6 - Lol

Last edited by ThoR294; 03-09-2017 at 09:46 AM.
ThoR294 is offline   Reply With Quote