View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #49
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

More firsthand information about collector's registration I recieved in a PM:

Quote:
The receptionists at two seperate MVCs did not know what collector registration was when i went for my collector registration voucher (even after i showed them the collector car approval letter from Trenton and explained everything to them). Eventually I talked to one of the people who does registrations at the second MVC i went to and got my voucher. The lesson here i think is that you need to ask to see a person who does registrations if the receptionist at your local MVC has no idea what collector registration is.

After finally getting my voucher, i went to the inspection station to get the collector inspection sticker. They couldnt do it because it was a Saturday and they have to "call Trenton" to get them to do something before they can give me the collector inspection sticker. So after you get your voucher you need to make sure you go to an inspection station during the week. I probably wouldnt go too late in the day either to give them enough time to get ahold of someone in Trenton. No mention was made of the inspection station having to call Trenton anywhere during the collector application process (including on my collector car approval letter).
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote