View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #59
BonzoHansen
Admin.

November Car of the Month

The Bishop's 1998 Camaro Z28

Name:The Bishop
About the car: 1998 Camaro Z28. Bright Purple Metallic. Traded my '94 Z28 back to the person I bought it from for this one. Car was mostly stock aside from a TCI converter and a UMI adjustable torque arm. Soon after purchase, I installed Strano springs, Koni shocks, UMI double adjustable roto-joint/poly lower control arms, UMI Roto/Poly double adjustable panhard bar, bolt-on LCA relocation brackets, and weld-in UMI subframe connectors. I also installed a low-mileage 3.42 rear axle with a Summit support cover.

Engine mods are an LS6 intake with a ported throttle body and an SLP lid. Exhaust is a set of Dynatech stainless headers and their off-road Y that I welded high-flow mini cats into, connected to a Magnaflow catback. Transmission is stock with a Yank SS3600 converter. I have HP tuners, so I tuned the car myself.

Exterior mods are a set of C6 Z06 style 17" wheels with 275/40/17 tires all around, a set of Depo whistler-style headlights, and clear front marker lights that were on the car when I bought it. Original fog light housings were shot, so I bought a set of blazer fog lights, and modified the factory brackets to hold them. They look 100% stock, but only cost $40 plus the mods to the brackets.

The car has run (on a set of drag radials) a best of 12.35 @ 110.4 at Island Dragway. Future mods include a set of ported 243 heads and a cam, possibly this winter.