Thread: Thanks.
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Thanks.

Today was our 6th annual NJFBOA East Coast F-Body Nationals. In our opinion it was easily the best one ever. Moving to October was great. Moving to Saturday was terrific. Our sponsors were very supportive, thanks to them again. The crew at Island was top shelf, kudos to them again as well. All that is spectacular.

But the reason it went so well today was the people involved and we just wanted to take one more opportunity to thank everyone. Every person that helped us had one thing in common. When asked for help with something, the only answer we ever heard was 'Yes'.

Bill T (WildBillyT), Jen (bandit88): Jen and Bill helped man the front table for us, and that freed Justin and I up to do other event tasks. As things slowed down, Jen continued to man the 'front desk' on her own while Bill moved on to help elsewhere. Both were tireless and extremely helpful. Thanks

Nick (Anti_Rice_Guy): Nick helped with what ever we needed and was especially helpful in the early hours making sure we had the racers going the right way. And he even called ahead to Applebee's for a table for 28. Thanks.

Jeff (JL8Jeff), Chris (CHRIS67), Mark (Mark68): The car show crew. These guys got everybody parked and made sure everything was as it needed to be. They also made sure we collected all the car show participant info. That made preparing for the awards at the end that much easier, despite my butchering of some names. Justin & I had nearly zero direct involvement with the car show this year. Every time I walked through and asked if they needed anything or if there were any issues, all I got were smiles and 'nope, everything is great'. Thanks

Phil (//<86TA\\), James (PolarBear), and Rich (Rich189): These guys were generally our floaters for the day helping where needed. James ended up helping with racing all day. Phil & Rich pitched in with whatever we asked. And Rich had the night shift last night and was up for way too many hours straight. Thanks.

Joe (novajoec74) and Bill (BTK79): The media team . They took like 1000 pictures and video for us, which I will sort through and post once I get back from a work trip next week. Their work will be used to help the event grow as we solicit both sponsors and attendees/racers. Despite being a Nova owner we still like Joe. Thanks.

John B (Pampered-Z): John ran the racing side for us. Without John I really don't know how we'd pull off everything we did. I kid him all the time calling him slide rule (aka the old useless tool), but without question he had everything to do with making the racing better. From tweaking rules to simplify things (and we will tweak more to make it better), helping with event day planning, and bringing in buy backs and bogey which got the runner ups some prize $$ too, everything he did worked. Thanks x2.

Last, but in no way least....

To all the racers, car show folks and spectators that came out today: You guys came to our club's event, many not really knowing what to expect. Folks from Delaware, central PA and all over NJ came to Island on a cool, sunny fall day, and by all accounts every one had a great day. Because of all the previously mentioned help, I was able to walk around a bit and talk to people and get some feedback. Everyone I talked to was in great and moods were glad they came. That made the countless hours of work that it took to pull this off worth it. If you folks don't come, we fail. But you came and we succeeded. Thanks.

See you next year.

Scott & Justin.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop