Thread: Spec'ing diodes
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 07:35 PM   #7
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by //<86TA>\\ View Post
The headlight switch failing will also cause the doors to go up when only in the running light position.
So I took the headlight switch apart again, there is no possible way it can actually fail short of the contacts getting carbon-ed up. When I opened mine it looks fine inside, all the contacts were bright after I cleaned the grease off.

I figured out why the headlights come up, it has to be something with the logic inside the headlight module. When I put the running lights on I get voltage at pin C on the module and when I put the headlights on I get voltage on the yellow wire as expected. When I turn everything off the voltage on both pins goes low, so it has to be something inside. I will ask on TGO if someone has figured out the logic inside them and see if they are repairable, I would think they are since almost all the components in there are basic, with only one IC.

I did use one of the diodes I bought to stop the ignition feed to the switch to stop back feeding into the running light circuit so the fogs wouldn't make the headlight doors from coming up. And I pulled the fuse from the alarm system lighting since the HLDs were also coming up.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote