View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 05:30 PM   #286
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

"Just one thing" today, haven't felt like working on the car much but I got my ass off the couch and into the garage today.

I put the diode in between the power lug and the crank lug on the starter so I don't have that induced voltage driving the starter since I am using the ford type relay right now.

I also finished looming the exposed wires near the heater delete plate, the alternator wire and the wire from the alternator that I will use to power my fan. For now I just butt spliced the wire in two places that was there from the previous owner and made it all look a little better. I also got a relay kit that has the correct pins for the connectors to the ECM. I have to take the connectors off and put the pi n in the proper terminal, then the fan will be controlled by the computer rather than the temperature sensor/relay module that was in the car when I bought it.

I am really close to being able to drive it now. I have to swap out the 3rd gen intermediate steering shaft with the collapsible Borgeson unit with the U joints, put the sheet metal and nose on the car, front light harness, rubber under carpet shifter boot and the alignment. Just a few other little things under the dash to finish and I should be able to drive this thing. Other winter project is to put the e-brake cables together under the car so I can finally use that too. Also have to run two wires for the reverse circuit and pin in the reverse lockout solenoid.

Monday is MLK day, so I plan on attempting to use that time to get a little more done on the car, maybe the under dash stuff......
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote