View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #287
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Got "one more thing" done today. The little tab for the headlight switch wouldn't fit in the aluminum gauge panel so I used my jewelers file to make the slotted part a little larger and the switch back in place. Tightened the jamb nut for the fuel pressure regulator.

I also did my alignment and tightened up all the jamb nuts and pivot bolts for the SPC upper arms. The alignment isn't perfect, but it should do for now and it will be quite close if/when I get it to a shop. I got about -1° of camber and 5.25° castor on the drivers side and -1° and 5.5° on the passenger side. Still have to set the toe and put all the cotter pins in the steering linkage and then grease all the fittings, upper and lower.

Also put the pin in the computer for the fan, not I just have to go out there with the laptop and try to figure out how to make it turn on Fan #1 since the trucks didn't get electric fans for that year(s)

Also learned that the new lower valence I got doesn't fit that well, I think. I don't have a good GM one necessarily to measure against. Time will tell when I start really bolting that all together. The Carbon nose is also going to a total pain to fit, holes in the carbon piece don't line up in the lower valence, Anvil should have just left the holes out and let the fitter/body guy drill the holes in the appropriate place. Now I am going to have to fill the holes, or put a backer piece of metal there to sandwich the fiberglass, the latter is easier since I can just trim a piece to length and then lay over the lower valence, drill holes in that and then use a nut and screw through all three pieces.

I also learned that, at the very least, my drivers fender has some plastic in it from what looks like a minor accident. Oh well, my cousin will fix that in the future Oh and something in the accessory drive is now squeaking

Sheet metal, radiator support bushings, shifter boot, tighten clutch/brake cross bolt, and tarq lug nuts left to do
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote