View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 10:50 AM   #1
The_Bishop
Power Member

1998 Z28, power draw problem.

I'm in the process of tracking down an odd power draw problem.

When the car's shut down, key out and lights off, I'm still drawing about a tenth of an amp.

Here's where it gets odd.

If I break the battery connection, I can hear a relay click (off, I assume) and when I reconnect power, the draw is a much more reasonable .035-.036.

That relay seems to be in the passenger side of the dash, to the right of the glovebox. WTH is over there? Trying to track this one down and fix it.

Car has an aftermarket radio, installed with a crutchfield harness. Also has one of those SLP fan override switches and a front line lock. Neither the line lock or the fan switch seems to be the culprit. Edit: Car also has a racetronix hotwire kit for the fuel pump.

What relays are located in the passenger side of the dash, to the right of the glove box?
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I can appreciate a dream but this person needed some real friends.

Last edited by The_Bishop; 01-16-2020 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Forgot a thing
The_Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote