View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 05:24 AM   #1
jims69camaro

drunk driver checkpoints

have you guys been through one of these recently? i have, several years ago, and got waved through (probably because of the car i was driving - very non-threatening, to say the least).

the other night, coming back from rt 37, i saw what i thought were a coupla cop cars and an ambulance at the entrance to my street from rt 9. there are a coupla ways to get to my house off of rt 9, and one of them is the street before what i thought was an accident. rather than try to go around them to get into my street, i decided to take the street at the light at the Foodtown. no sooner had i made the turn, there was the familiar red and blue flashing lights filling the interior of my car. he must've been sitting in the Foodtown parking lot and saw me turn off before the checkpoint... suspicious behavior as far as he was concerned.

so he gets my info and stuff, finds out i'm clean and hadn't been drinking, and asks me why i turned off before the checkpoint. i explained the whole "though it was an accident" thing to him. he let me go, obviously, without even a warning, seeing as my address is on my license he bought the bit about not wanting to go around them to get into my street. oh, yeah, and i don't see as well at night, so i guess i missed the big "DRUNK DRIVER CHECKPOINT" sign...

so, without having been through the checkpoint, i guess i went through it anyway - trying to avoid it.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote