View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #58
itsatreefiddy

Did the wheels today and yesterday, for my first time using plastidip I think it came out good. I used a trigger attachment to the spraycan the second day saving my fingers and encouraging me to go a little heavy. I didn't use alot of dip strangely. It came with 4 cans of black and 3 gloss and I honestly ended up using half that, all my friends who plastidip say they've done more with less, who knows. They look good, you can kinda see that on the hard to reach spaces its not as black and is actually a bit transparent but hopefully the glossifier is covering where I missed in black. My rim paint was trash anyway so Im not too worried. Starting to be a true believer of plastidip, between the 2 cars Ive owned I had to refinish 3 sets of wheels, usually I would get the wheels stripped or blasted, then aluminum etch primer, then duplicolor rim paint (color) then rim paint clear. Worked good until my ws6 rims, used the wrong wheel cleaner or perhaps using cleaner too soon after painted and they were pretty much ruined. Lets see how plastidip holds up Im going to just use soap and water on them.

itsatreefiddy is offline   Reply With Quote