View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #7
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

thanks for the replies guys. i was pretty attached to that truck even thought it was nothing special. it never failed me not once and always was more than well taken care of. thats what the hard part is. for guys like us that enjoy vehicles, it was more than just a mode of transportation to me, especially as a daily driver

I left the guy with the 2005 ram $100 as a "deposit" and asked him to hold off for a few days with potential other buyers while all of the insurance paperwork is finalized. He was very cool and understood. I told him if things don't change by the end of the week I will be back with the balance of the $.. and if things do change, he can keep the $100 for his troubles and for waiting. That truck WILL sell quick if I don't buy it.

I checked and my 4 EBC brake pads and 4 rotors as well as the 4 bilstein shocks will bolt right up to the 2005. I'll have to see if this truck "needs" them yet or if I'll keep them to install in the future. wouldn't make much sense to ship them all back and pay a 25% restocking fee additionally.

I pulled the subwoofer and amplifier out of the truck already.I also took out the K&N air filter and misc dress up items, HEMI and RAM badges, etc. I asked State Farm about my $700 magnaflow cat back exhaust (bought from CTW) and they said I can NOT take it unless I replace it with another exhaust.... so I'll order another Magnaflow setup from Paul at CTW in a month or so.

I also reinstalled thefactory tune with my Diablo InTune so that I can unlock and use the Diablo on the next truck.

man, that truck was so damn nice, such a mint truck. it had too short of a life. heartbroken about it still.. probably will be for a LONG time

I'll probably be moving forward with that 2005 soon. If i buy it, I will have to spend a good amount of time taking off the dress-up chrome pieces on it, Aside from goof-off what is another good product to use to spray behind the chrome pieces (on the lower part of the cab) to loosen up the glue/adhesive on the backside of those?
Also, I am not a huge fan of those style wheels. I really liked the style wheels my truck had, so maybe I should plan on a swap. Wondering if I'd even have any luck selling those style wheels though. it would have to be locally, as shipping would be too expensive.
https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto...535341906.html

thats all for my update.
https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto...535341906.html

Last edited by IROCZman15; 03-21-2018 at 10:46 AM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote