View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #73
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Majority of our members do not want to spend a lot of money and do not want to prepay for anything, ever.
I think this statement nails it on the head, and some of the people posting in this thread are guilty of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
A) Members who will pay more and would rather not have another burger and BS meet, but are few and far between

B) Members who do not want to pay for anything but lunch, but are quite numerous
Again, some people wont even pony up for that but bitch and complain about the site and rules etc when they dont even pay anything towards the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
My suggestion to NJMP was just that, but I think that the bulk of this site is geared to drag racing and not a road track.
I dont think this is true at all, but a lot of the members enjoy drag racing more. There are a few hardcore track guys and then the rest are either enthusiasts or drag racers. People dont know how to go around turns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
I know for one thing for the 25 a year that I pay in both the vette and SNJ pontiac club that gets us alot of free events that the club is able to pay for
IMO if we started charging to post on the site/be a member I think a LOT of the people here will stop attending/posting since they dont want to pay to even drive to a place and buy some food.

But on the other hand it may make some people feel it is more of a bonafide club, but planning events would/could be a full time job. That is a lot for the people here on the board that have kids and other responsibilities. I know Scott puts in a lot of time here, but I hardly ever see him in life as he has two kids and he spends a lot of time with the family.

I think if more people step up and pitch in it could be more of what he/she wants out of the club. at least one month a year and they would get more satisfaction out of it. I think WBT and Scott have basically asked people here to step up now, rather than waiting for them to have it planned. I think DIP meet is a good one because it forces the club to come together and make it work as opposed to have someone plan out a meeting.

I am happy with the small events that require less work from the people planning them. Not enough people show up to the planned events anyway so the return on the planning is basically nothing for the people involved. I had planned on attending EVERY monthly event this year, but one month I was sick and the other month was the day some of us went to see Lemons at NJMP. I think that I am not the norm since I have no family obligations, but I think that a LOT of the members here are like me and could actually attend meetings, but dont. I also think people focus too much on whether or not they are bringing an F-body, but I think Jeff is right, it is more about hanging out and meeting new people with the NJFBOA.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote