View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #36
rbaksi

Got some more stuff done today!

Something nice came in the mail today, my harbor freight multi-tool. This thing is amazing. Its so useful and was really cheap too. Feels like a very solid heavy duty product.

I did some work on the dash. Its so much easier to work on outside of the car on a bench. The multi tool was used for all of this. I added reinforcements to give it better support since I cut out so much of it. I'll be using a lot more wood as a base this time around since I'm pretty experienced working with it. I removed some of the foam as well to mount the wood on to.

Eventually I plan for it to have the same general layout as that of some of the new mercedes interiors like this E550. I really like the idea of a hooded screen that will decrease glare and make the whole system look more integrated.

Also did some work on the center console. I have a touchpad that I will be integrating into the area where the cupholder was. Its used to control the carputer and I've been using it a lot and it works great especially with the preset buttons. Im trying to decide where to put the engine start and computer start buttons. Either in the TCS plate area or up near the screen.

FQuick: http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=13868
rbaksi is offline   Reply With Quote