View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 03:54 PM   #337
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Holy old thread Batman.
I picked up an aluminum 5.3 with 110,000 miles on it to put in the old black pearl. I got all new gaskets and have almost everything I need to put it back together and into the car. I got a little done on cleaning the engine up over the weekend. I pulled one head, chased all the threaded holes and put it in the parts washer to get all the old road grime off it. At any rate, I hope to get the car back together and running again in the next few weekends, so I can move it out of the driveway since I need the space to get work done on other projects. The only caveat is that I need to make sure that my "aftermarket" T56 will work with the LS engine, since I am not sure whether the crack sticks out farther/closer from the back of the block than does a SBC/BBC, otherwise this will have been (somewhat) in vain, since I don't have the money to rebuild my production T56. Yeah, so what? I have 2 T56s sitting around

Also had some good news and bad news within a few minutes of each other. I got the OK from my body guy to start working on the car, but then a few minutes later he told me I shouldn't bother doing the car unless I clean out the garage and can keep it in there so it doesn't go to pot sitting outside all the time. I guess I will have to give up my prime spot in line and let someone else get their car worked on
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote