View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #37
L695speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 198esp1 View Post
if you live in north nj then you need to go to a nnjr scca solo up at the giant stadium. nnjr scca has the best courses in the best lot on the east coast. Good luck trying to get more than a hand full of f-bodys to go to an autocross. The typical f-body guy doesnt want to hear that a mini or miata with 120hp if well driven is going to smack the s**t out of a f-body with 300+hp, and lets face it most guys driving a f-body cant drive worth a crap. So after a day at an autocross eating humble pie all day most just go drag racing.
That is true. Most forget that Autocross being very technical, is about skill, finesse, car control and handling. I have been meaning to get out to the Giants Stadium lot. Maybe I'll take the Focus ST out there once or twice just for the fun of it. Even my friend with the 82 admits his bird is too powerful for the autocross, but it can handle a road course no problem. I would be the first to admit that my 84 when done, even with the built suspension and bigger brakes, would not do well at autocross. It would be more at home on a road course. The Focus may actually out run both birds on the autocross course.
L695speed is offline   Reply With Quote