View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 07:17 AM   #24
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Your corvette fuel filter has a return line. You put them on backwards first go around.
Sorry, let me clear that up. The engine doesn't have a return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebirdat View Post
From my understanding and research the headers are the same as the stainless works units just not as expensive and not as great quality; but ill find out in the long run with them i guess. The y-pipe is going to be ball-buster, Ive looked on thirdgen.org and everyone has done it differently so I'm not sure which way that's going to go.

As for the intake i would like to get my hand on an LS6 intake but it all depends on price and availability otherwise its going to be a ye olde LS1 intake. And as for the fuel tank, upgrading it to a 1985-1992 sending unit(as long as there's no other unforeseen complications from it) and i think i am going to invest in the racetronix unit. What pump did you end up using? I already have the C5 filter so no AFPR unit for me i believe

Tachometer is another debacle, i would love to keep the factory one but that box is a 300 dollar piece, whereas a tach would probably be less.
LS6 intakes are pretty easy to come across as they were pretty much standard issue on LS1s after 01 IIRC. The issue is getting the lower plate that has the PCV tube.

Sounds like you are on your way. Good luck with it!