Thread: Camaro Plans
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 09:42 AM   #1
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Camaro Plans

Trying to be a stage the money in the car, but want to make some changes. Looking for feedback here on both what to do and the order you would do them, recognizing this is over the course of probably 5-6 years.

Backstory: I plan on keeping the car since 1) it's paid for and 2) everyone regrets selling their "first car" or a vehicle that's been in the family for nearly 20 years. It's not worth that much on paper with 81k miles, nor is it a 1 of 3, 1 owner car. I love it as a cruiser and for trips down the shore, along with the spirited backcountry jaunt. For this purpose, the car is perfect with just the boredom that comes with no major changes over that timespan. My biggest gripe if it can be considered one, is that it's become less exciting to drive, especially after daily-driving a stick Colorado for years.

#1-2 are happening this year:

1) Repaint nose of car (at least). Rest of the car is clean - not perfect but clean. Also would do !front plate at this point.
2) replace/paint misc. interior pieces that are cracked or don't look pretty enough.
3) BLS light mod

#3+ are happening in the future and are listed in no particular order:

3) Change wheels. I want 17s or 18s, although I love how the 16" chrome trans am wheels look, after 15 years I want a changeup. Always liked WS6 wheels and ZR1s, but not tied to any OEM. Yes, everyone loves Fikse but I'm not spending that kind of cash on wheels for this car unless I become independently wealthy.
4) Suspension - drop 1-1.5", probobably do koni/stranos. AFAIK, everything is circa 1995, or at least 2000. I don't want to go crazy low despite the amazing looks, since I don't want any problems and my driveway is fairly steep.
5) Trans Swap - I think it's slipping under WOT on the shifts a tad. Not a major problem yet, but may as well spend it on a T56.
6) Headers - I don't know what other engine mods will be forthcoming down the road, but likely nothing crazy. My manifolds are ugly, rusty, and swapping would obviously make for ease of maintenance down the road.
Open to other suggestions not saying I'll do them from "while you're theres" to prettying up things.

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM

Last edited by Anti_Rice_Guy; 06-04-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote