View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 02:40 PM   #8
HardcoreZ28

Yeah it's got all those adjustments and more. You can actually tell it what size speakers you're running in the front and rear and how far each one is from the headunit apparently. I'll give you a call this weekend if I have some free time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28
lpf= low pass filter= doesnt allow a certain speaker to play below a certain frequency (usually the subwoofer)

hpf= high pass filter= doesnt allow a certain speaker to play above a certain frequency (usually the speakers)

mhz- megahertz- unit of frequency measurement but is probably referring to the EQ.

the lpf and hpf are usually set at the amp but you can do whatever you want. my headunit made it very easy by having a crossover which basically sets any frequency level (i used 80 hertz) to not let speakers go below or subs to go above. makes it a very easy way to blend the sounds of the speakers and subs. check if yours has that if not i'll swing by this week and set them for you. they are very important to avoid distortion. the main thing we need to spend time on is the gains. thats important to getting the signal going to the speakers to be as clear as possible.

o man i almost forgot- congrads on getting that head unit you wanted!

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote