View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 10:38 PM   #11
V
Stalker

Update: Ended up buying an OTC Tools brand blind hole puller. Took me longer to take it out of the package than it did to get that old pilot bearing out with it. LOL. Like 10 hits on the slide hammer and it was out. Transmission went to the shop about 2 weeks ago. Input shaft, front seal and bearing were all found to be junk. All replaced. I picked it up today finally. I also put in the replacement starter today as well as a new rear cover with a new rear main seal, old one was leaking. I also swapped in new e-brake cables. Once that was done, I cleaned the bellhousing very well, making sure all the surfaces between the block, bellhousing and trans were all flat and smooth. Its possible the transmission was previously installed slightly crooked due to corroded dowel/alignment pins and some grease/gunk residue left on the bellhousing edge where there shouldn't have been anything. The car got a new lower interior shift boot and the trans got a new shifter dust boot which was missing. I then installed the new slave cylinder onto the trans along with a remote bleeder line. I then tackled the task of installing hard/braided stainless clutch lines to replace the factory ones in the car which have a rubber section that swells and deteriorates. That was a pain due to the very limited space, but it got done. Later in the afternoon, I installed the LS7 clutch kit, new pilot bearing, and ARP flywheel bolts. Then this evening I finally put the transmission back into the car. Everything that is in the car now is bolted up and torqued down.

Tomorrow the goal will be to get the aftermarket 1-piece driveshaft back in the car and bolt up the new magnaflow catback exhaust. I'll also be doing an oil change, new spark plugs, fixing a small coolant leak where the front rad hose clamp is, and then I'll install a new BMR skid plate. Then its just a matter of bolting the shifter handle back up and putting the center console back together. After that, the car should be able to come down off the wooden stands and get back on the road. It'll be 2 months tomorrow since the car got put up in the air.

Last edited by V; 07-23-2018 at 10:41 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote