View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 11:22 PM   #14
V
Stalker

Today was fun.

Woke up this morning only to realize I had forgotten to measure the Throwoutbearing-to-pressure plate clearance to see if it needed to be shimmed. Even though its a stock style LUK ls7 setup, it seems to be recommended to measure anyway and since I did have previous disengagement issues, I wanted to check. So... this morning, I pulled the trans back out and measured. I ended up with a clearance of right around 0.2779". From my online reading, a distance of 1/8"-1/4" is where I'd want to be. Tick performance says that the range is like 0.125"-.200". So since I already had their shim pack, I installed the 0.055" shim, and ended up with a distance of right around 0.2207". I was happier with that so I put it all back together.

I then had to remove the 4 broken bolts from the catalytic convertor pipe flanges, so I could try to bolt up the new catback. That took forever, but I managed to save 3 of the 4 threaded holes. Only had to drill 1 out then re-tap it. Tomorrow I have to get the 4 M10x1.25 bolts. Then I reinstalled the 1-piece aftermarket driveshaft. Next I hung the Magnaflow catback temporarily, only to find out the new oem rubber hangers hold the mufflers too close to the 3.5" driveshaft. Basically the hangers pulled the mufflers tight against the DS. Soooo, had to run out and find rubber hangers that would work. Found a pair at autozone that hold them about 3/4" lower. More than enough room now.

Tomorrow, I have to tighten up the exhaust, tighten up the rear DS bolts, do an oil change, drain and refill the transmission, assemble the center console, bleed the clutch and maybe do the spark plugs.

Last edited by V; 07-24-2018 at 11:23 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote