Thread: EPA thread
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #30
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
And Bonzo, since we all can't afford new 5th gens, V's, or Vettes, your argument is rather silly, I own a old 4th gen, and its now being held to today's motor emissions?

/chickenlittle
Last I looked your 4th gen is held to the standard of the model year. Did NJ law change? My point is in most cases you can make a car faster and still pass sniffer tests. The technology is there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
No doubt, but its a knee jerk reaction..

IE.. soot is less harmful that the N0x levels produced, so my clean economy tune is soot free so to the prick in the prius, its fine, but, its actually worse than having a visibly "dirty" tune.

There has been talk of the EPA mandating equipment to be placed on early trucks that left the factory without em. Mid year 2005 had no EGR/cats... met federal regs so it was sold.

IDK, just worried how crazy the EPA will get with this, and then the whole ironic and quite laughable OBD2 emissions testing.
"less harmful" is a terrible argument. They have been regulating NOx for years – EGR. Last I read diesel particulates are quite tough to breathe especially if you have asthma. Half of Europe smells like a diesel ashtray due to their current disincentive system against gasoline.

Again, the current EPA is run by a zealot who is for all intensive purposes anti-anything that is not in line with her thinking, economics be damned. I don’t think they would be successful with retrofitting emissions parts on non-modified vehicles. But check out the hoops Californians have had to jump through for years on modifications. The GM eRod program was driven by it.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote