View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

*CAR LOCATED!* Was Searching for my late Uncles Pro-Street 1975 Camaro

Searching for my Uncles 1975 Pro-Street Camaro

I'm looking to find the whereabouts of this car which my Uncle built and sold over 2 decades ago. It belonged to my Uncle, Ken Martin (R.I.P.), who was from Summit, Piscataway, and Wall Township, NJ. He had dozens upon dozens of drag cars and street cars over his lifetime but this one was the last one he built...and the one he kept the longest. This car started stock and was built into the first stage and painted by my father in the very early 1980's. My father painted it the candy apple red and added the black stripes that you see in some of the photos and articles attached. My uncle did all the engine, drivetrain, and other work himself and with a crew of his buddies (Dennis Bedrosian and Bob Bickel...and other local drag racers at Englishtown NJ in the 1970's-1990s) It stayed looking like this for a few years and was called "Quarter Flash".

Then, of course my Uncle Ken decided to take it to the next level....with a 4-link, narrowed rear, tubbed, sheetmetal interior, tube chassis, nitrous, bored out engine, and the new paint job. My dad laid down the main colors again and the car was striped by Glen at Circus Custom Paints (famous in central NJ). The car stayed in generally this configuration until it was sold sometime in 1994ish.

I'd love to find the location and current setup of the car. All my teenage and adult life I've always dreamed of seeing it again or somehow coming up with a plan to get it back to the family. My uncle passed away over 7 years ago and years prior to this, his wife and he had boxed up all the paperwork related to the car and either gave it to racing buddies or purged it. I'm doing all I can to try to come up with a VIN # for the car, so far with no success. The license plate that was on the car was transferred to my aunts daily driver(s) over the years, but then she retired that plate and got another license plate...but maybe I could have some success finding a VIN for the car in the license plate's history. I know it's been about 25 years since the car was sold, but I'm really hoping someone might know of it or know someone who knows/knew something about it...especially from the NJ area. The stripes were very unique. It also had the words "MEGA BUCKS" airbrushed on the rear section of the front fenders(by my dad). It was featured in Popular Hot Rodding January 1988 in it's final stage, and in the initial stage (the paint my dad did and non-tubbed) was featured in Super Chevy December 1984 and Chevrolet Camaro Magazine Summer 1983. I have not seen a 1975 pro-street car like it, so its kind of recognizable if it still appears somewhat the same.

If anyone has any leads or ideas on how I can track down info in this car, that would be great. My direct email addresses are Viper6916@aol.com and Martin.dave3@gmail.com use both please. Thanks guys

anything, anything at all would be helpful, thanks fellas

Last edited by IROCZman15; 02-11-2019 at 06:59 PM. Reason: used flickr photos because photobucket ones were gone
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote