View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 07:47 AM   #17
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZman15 View Post
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I just have another update for anyone who had thought this was a neat story

I went down to NJMP for the Optima Ultimate Street Car event this weekend. Since the town where the car's owner has a business is 20 minutes away from NJMP, I decided to stop by and just say a friendly HI to him. I wanted to keep it short and polite, and just let him know how thankful I was that he had taken time to converse with me via email. Turns out the dude is REALLY COOL! I ended up staying there for 45 minutes talking to him about the car, hot rods, and all sorts of stuff. he Said that if I wanted to I could setup a time/day in the future to come by his house and see the car. When I first introduced myself to him he goes. "oh! Hey man! Nice to meet ya! Did ya bring an envelope full of cash?" jokingly. I go "I didn't know it was for sale!!" and he says " To you, it could be ." That almost caused me to pass out. He showed me a hand-written card with the camshaft specs on it and everything. We spoke in a round about way about how if he ever did make the decision to part ways with it, that he would first reach out to me first. Things are looking good. THINGS ARE LOOKING REALLY F'N GOOD!.

First, I would just love to see the car. I would want to go down there with my dad too since he had painted and worked on the car 25+ years ago and it was his brothers prized possession (R.I.P. Ken). IF it does come up for sale.. I will do whatever I need to do to collect the cash. I don't care if the Pro-Street car era is long dead or if nobody likes it. I think it is real cool and I would certainly love to own it.

For now... I am totally so happy that I spoke to the owner, he has my info, and he is a cool dude. I am glad to be ME in this story.

oh, and then after I left his shop, I went to NJMP for the USCA weekend and had the time of my freakin' life ! .... that happened too
This is amazing.

Get after it, Dave!

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote