View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 08:12 AM   #135
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Perhaps I am mixing up terms, but I am referring the only point of adjustment on a 4th gen torque arm suspension setup, which is at the rear end via torque arm. I have rarely read of F-bod three link guys adjusting transmission angles at mount, but, to be fair, I am a close minded LT1 person who goes straight with racing.

I do not see why a trans angle would have changed or need to be changed enough to affect what the torque arm adjustment couldn't bring into spec. Its a low power car, so no need for crazy angles, just make it factory stock and be content. Since he has done that (assuming correctly) already with a stock torque arm etc, I just don't see what adding in another variable is gonna help.

But, this is a lot of assuming.
He's been kicking this around for a while now so any discussion is good IMO.

If the motor mounts are aged (or aftermarket) and the trans mount is aged (or aftermarket) the angle of the crank/trans output shaft could be different than stock and would require a different setting out back if it's far enough out. I'm not saying that the torque arm couldn't be adjusted to correct the issue, just that you might not be able to say "set the rear at -2" or whatever and assume you are good.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote