View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 07:29 AM   #49
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

yesterday was shop night at work so i was able to bring the car in and get some stuff done and check out the belly of this thing.

I was super curious as to how bad the rust was on the car, and i got my answer.

not terrible for what i was expecting. Do not have any after photos, but i hit it with a wire wheel and then used VHT rust converter. Sadly shop night time is limited, so i did not have time to hit it with undercoat. But i will most likely do that next shop night.

Here are some more pics of the bottom of the car.

in addition to the rust and scan of the belly. I did the oil change and a coolant drain + refill.

With the car back on the ground to fill the oil and coolant, i hooked up the AC machine to give it a charge. Sadly, the AC issue on the car is more than just it needing a recharge. The compressor doesnt kick on it all. Swapped the relay for the horn and the AC compressor, and the horn works with both relays. So i assume the compressor is shot. Any other tests to run prior to potential compressor swap?

Will grab pics later, but i also swapped the map lighting and cluster lighting from Johnny Tran Blue LEDs to regular white ones. Half the cluster lights were out anyway so it needed to be tended to. I think the cluster may have an issue, as one of the lights i swapped in took a bit longer to turn on, and then turned off after a second or 2. I will pull the cluster again maybe today and double check it is seated correctly. Of coarse its the one that lights the tac too.

TL;DR
-Rust fix
-Oil/Coolant Change
-AC Compressor Doesnt kick, send halp.
-Blue cheese dressing good- blue LEDs bad.
LS1ow is online now   Reply With Quote