View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 06:32 AM   #67
TaKid455

will I need a vaccum pump for brake system? - This is relative to cam. Engine builder will answer this. With today's advancements and your power level, I'd push to run it without. Less crap. I would look into an external vacuum scavenger/ remote breather system instead.

-does SHP block require a special type of ol pump or will basic SBC long/short just bolt right up? - Engine builder question.

-compression ratio? - you & engine builder. Don't polute that area. Stay below 11:1 - 10.5:1 for pump gas w/ Alum heads. This is also relative to cam as you can position the lobes to increase or decrease cyl pressure. I've made good power on 8.5-9:1 engines with proper cams. Watch the DCR. This is more critical.

-specific engine mounts for dart shp block or traditional sbc?
-throttle cable bracketry and TV cable advice? - keep it simple. I like to run factory stuff if its clean and works.

-can I use evans waterless coolant in this all new engine and all new radiator/hose/pump setup? - yes

-anything else?? - needs boost

so, any last advice on roll bar? might be leaning to mild steel bar. not sure if chrome moly - Don't crash
TaKid455 is offline   Reply With Quote