View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #68
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

My $0.02

- any final thoughts from the group before I order this?? Any chance to spend a little extra money to get the engine broken in on a dyno to confirm all is well before it goes into the car? I'd highly recommend this and it can help avoid finger pointing down the road. It also reduces your risk in breaking the engine in properly. New build, new things, short run cycles, iffy tuning, etc.

- will I need a vaccum pump for brake system? As mentioned, I would avoid this and comes down to cam selection. It doesn't sound like you are planning to go wild so you should be OK but def double check with the builder.

-does SHP block require a special type of ol pump or will basic SBC long/short just bolt right up? No clue, builder should know also as mentioned.

-compression ratio? Running 93 pump is the goal I assume so I'd run as much compression as you can with some safety buffer. I assume their 525 crank HP states the static CR and this should be easily doable. My engine (383 SBC basically, is 9.5:1 SCR and did 510+crank hp with a moderate boost cam) hopefully can put things into perspective.

-specific engine mounts for dart shp block or traditional sbc? Outside my wheelhouse, builder should know.

-throttle cable bracketry and TV cable advice?Keep it simple, if stock is bad then replace but if that will work, go with that.

-can I use evans waterless coolant in this all new engine and all new radiator/hose/pump setup? Yes

-anything else?? Remind me if you are going FI or if this will be a carb setup. I ask because there are some really interesting FI setups that may provide you with better engine control, safety mechanisms built in (especially on nitrous), etc.

As for the bar, I went mild steel as the weight savings wasn't a major priority (maybe it should have been haha) and the welders I knew at the time did not TIG.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA

Last edited by Blackbirdws6; 11-07-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote