View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 09:06 AM   #7
IROC-MIKE

Last Saturday I did a test run from Marrocco Chapel to the Chatterbox in my daily to check traffic. For those of you who do not wish to come to the Chapel to pay respects to the family, you are still welcome to jump in at the first location (Cedar Hill Reformed Church) OR ANYWHERE ALONG THE WAY!

If you are planning on meeting at one of the rendezvous points: PLEASE BE ON TIME BECAUSE WE MUST ARRIVE AT THE CHATTERBOX BEFORE 3PM FOR THEM TO HOLD OUR PARKING AS 1 GROUP!

Cedar Hill Reformed Church is the starting point I intended on organizing cruises from when I posted I would earlier this year, several months before Jerry's passing. Jerry and I had planned on making this trip on this very day so its important we go on the 8th. If it rains it will be the next Saturday as Jerry and I also planned. I will lead in the Sunoco Camaro, and Jerry's his nephew Brandon and brother Fred will be in the Blue Maxi (with Jerry's ashes riding shotgun) behind me.

The rendezvous points are there in case there are several cars who want to gather and wait for us to arrive but you can simply wait along the side of the road ANYWHERE ALONG THE ROUTE and jump in.

THIS IS A BIG DEAL!!! THE CHATTERBOX AND WANDERERS CAR CLUB HAS OFFERED TO RESERVE THE ENTIRE BACK GRASS LOT FOR OUR GROUP!!! THEY ARE ALLOWING NON-QQ PLATED CARS TO PARK THERE WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN ALLOWED BEFORE!!! THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THE ENTIRE CLUB WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARK TOGETHER AND NOT SPLIT UP BETWEEN QQ AND MODERN MUSCLE AREAS BUT YOU MUST ROLL IN AS PART OF THE CARAVAN TO BE ALLOWED TO PARK WITH THE GROUP!!!

We will leave the Marrocco Chapel on Colfax Ave in Clifton at 12:30. I counted over 50 parking spaces at the Chapel but IF it is full, OR those of you who are NOT going into the chapel, can meet at the Clifton High School parking lot about 1/4 mile down Colfax Ave on the right side (just past the chapel) and wait for us to leave at noon.

Traffic along the route may be a factor so keep in mind the times are approx. If we are early to a point we will leave at the posted time.

Leaving the chapel we will get on RT 46 EAST toward Paterson, and get on RT 20 NORTH towards Hawthorne, taking RT 20 until it ends, and make the RIGHT at the end of RT 20 onto Maple Ave. Go straight through the light on the bridge, continue past the cemetery and Toyota dealer, and get on RT 208 NORTH @ Maple Ave in Fair Lawn (near Nabisco).

We will exit RT 208 NORTH @ Cedar Hill Ave Wyckoff and meet in the Cedar Hill Reformed Church parking lot which is the Wednesday night Wyckoff Show location. We will arrive approx 1:15 and wait for 5 minutes for anyone else to arrive.

At 1:20 we will LEAVE the church and get back on RT 208 NORTH and continue through the RT 287 SOUTH merge in Oakland, and take EXIT 52B / RT 23 NORTH Butler.

The second rendezvous point is the large parking lot past the Burger King entrance at the Kinnelon Road intersection on RT 23 NORTH. It is just after the 6th light on RT 23 NORTH. We should arrive approx 1:35. We will get back on RT 23 NORTH and follow it until the highway ends and turns into Newark Pompton Turnpike through West Milford and surrounding towns. We will pull into the Picnic Area Rest Stop on RT 23 approx 1:45 but will not be waiting for cars. We will stop to let cars already there to get in line. We will pass the Welcome to Sussex sign on RT 23 approx 1:55 and The Hamburg Mountain Wildlife Management Area 2:00 but not stop at either as we should have around 30 cars at this point and it is difficult to get everyone back on in one group. From these areas the road has a full width shoulder and anywhere will be good spot for others to meet up and wait for us to pass so you can jump in. We will look for you and be sure to let you in the group so you're not separated by regular traffic (which should be light anyway).

We will make a left onto Munsonhurst Road and follow it where it then turns into Main Street (RT 517) in Ogdensburg.

This next rendezvous location we will drive past but it would depend on the amount of cars gathering in this area IF WE PULL IN AND STOP because it takes us off the road a few hundred yards. IF there are more than 15 cars that will be gathered, we would meet at the UPPER parking lot at the Sparta Middle School on Main Street which is between Roamin Way and West Mountain Rd. Arrive approx 2:10 but I will need to know how many people are going to meet there (PLEASE REPLY TO THIS POST OR PM ME) because it will divert us off Main Street as it is set way off the road. If you dont let me know youre gathering there, we will see you from the road and slow down as we drive by, so be prepared to catch up if we dont pull in. Regardless if we stop there or not we will drive by it on Main St and will get on RT 15 NORTH and follow RT 15 NORTH through where it turns into Lafayette Rd which is where the Chatterbox is located.

The FINAL rendezvous point is at the Sparta Evangelical Church at the RT 15 / Houses Corner Rd intersection. We will be making a right at the Houses Corner light, and the first right into the Church driveway. There are several lots at that location so when you pull in off the road, the driveway splits by a grass median. Go to the lot at the very end of the driveway on the left. This will allow us to organize the cars into their final grouping to roll into the Chatterbox. From that location the Blue Maxi will lead the rest of the way. We should arrive at the Sparta Church about 2:25 -2:30 if we end up meeting at the Middle School, and will wait a few minutes to be sure everyone in the caravan has arrived before leaving directly for the Chatterbox at approx 2:45. I will have a quick drivers meeting at each rendezvous point to instruct where we are going next for anyone who just wants to meet at any of the locations and join in without pre-planning the route. It is an extremely easy and safe route which several of us did last year and had a great time. Lets make this a huge turnout and represent not only Jerry but NJFBOA as best we can!

Memorial service is rain or shine but rain date for Caravan is the following Saturday 8/15.

Last edited by IROC-MIKE; 07-07-2017 at 12:57 PM.
IROC-MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote