View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #54
NHRABill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Huryk View Post
Problem is that the 300 or more houses that could be built on a lot like Raceway park or Island (if they were converted to residential lots) would be in the millions per year - maybe RP pays a good amount in property and sales taxes, but Island sure doesn't.

When enough people complain, things happen and that is a fact of life.

I mentioned LA earlier in the thread for a reason - that being a movement toward eliminating any sort of outlying non-residential, minimal tax generating properties. You can even throw farms on that list because they don't generate hardly any property taxes; so if NJ tracks go extinct, don't expect a new one to pop up somewhere out of a huge open field out in the sticks.

Flemington Speedway - remember going there quite a bit when I was younger before they closed...

Towns can and do use just about any means to close down unwanted businesses - EPA, illegal stuff, criminal activity, lawsuits, imminent domain - name it and they do it. As long as a court sides with them, it goes through.
RP is in Englishtown section of Old bridge township McMansions that complain are Manalapan Right next door different township. RP has done awesome job making sound deflecting walls and abiding to all issues complaints, including curfews. I worked at E town for a few years know most everyone there. They have solid good responsible owners please no rumors regarding E town.

As for Island I do not know anything, but there is just something cool about a throwback track that looks like it doesn't fit. If they do make it I will pay them a visit in the spring to boost their ticket sales by a couple. The racing community needs these tracks.

Last edited by NHRABill; 12-10-2012 at 07:54 PM.
NHRABill is offline   Reply With Quote