View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 05:35 PM   #23
CALL911

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00maroz28 View Post
i was there that night... we actually met that night i was with my buddy he has a pewter ss and i have a black z28 with ss wheels and a kit, you were telling us about your motor work and 614rwhp... that accident with the bikes that night did suck... it was a 2 hour+ delay... but the track condition and temp, was great i thought... me and my buddy both posted new best times.. mine is listed in the slips section, with the actual slip from that night.

ps- if that was your only etown experience, i could see how you wouldnt like it...but accidents happen on all tracks... plus i remember you not being too happy beacuse wanted to be low 11 high ten and you went like low 12.

do not doubt this car!! it is a monster!! seen it in person.
Accidents happen at any track, and delays are usual. I disliked it more because of the strictness, and the fact that I thought the track preperation was bad. From my track experience (I have been going for years at least 5-6 times a year), a good track preperation will allow your car to hook up better than it does on the street. I can nail the gas in 1st gear with cold Nitto DR's on my car without spinning on the street, whereas at E-town I had heated up slicks that slid up to 3rd gear! Perharps it was just the left side I was running on. That all plus, I am used to paying much less and getting little to no hassle about running my car at a track. At E-town they harrased me about a fire suit, an expired racing helmet, and the fact my car was too loud (I have a muffler which fits their regulation to the letter, and why on Gods green earth would you care how loud a car is at a race track? Its a RACE TRACK, cars are supposed to be loud). Thats more or less why I thought it sucked.

In the tracks defense, I'm sure the safety precations helped make it a safer place to race, and the track layout was one of the nicest I have seen.

Thanks for the compliments. I apologize I can't remember you, but I did meet over a half a dozen other F-body guys there, and only remember 2-3 who I spoke with quite a while.

95 Z28 M6, 383, D1SC, FMIC, ect., ect., 614 RWHP with the stock PCM and pump gas!

98 Formula WS6 M6

Last edited by CALL911; 06-25-2007 at 05:37 PM.
CALL911 is offline   Reply With Quote