View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 10:04 PM   #6
madness410

ok to add to this I had another electrical issue tonight. I installed that alternator and has been working perfect since.

drove to a local bar tonight and parked it, voltage when I parked it was around 9 but was at 12-13 or so all the way there. I left and I started the car the voltage was around 8. I was hesitant about driving so I burned some time debating about what to do. checked cables and connections. the car started fine a few more times same voltage. the headlights and all electrical components were on perfect as if the voltage wasn't low.

so after building up the balls to drive 13 miles home all dark roadways, I decided to do it. I made it back to my development and the battery completely died. voltage was at 8 or so the whole 13 mile trip back to the development.

when I replaced the alternator a few weeks back I had the battery checked and they said it held a charge just fine. but now I'm thinking between then and now the battery took a crap. but now I'm reading coil packs could take a crap too and have similar symptoms. and if the cause was the battery why would the car start several times. before I dig into it again I was wondering of your guys opinions.

Last edited by madness410; 09-02-2016 at 10:41 PM.
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote