Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 08:25 AM   #1261
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

So with the start situation "fixed", we have some more problems on the horizon

1. With 1 quart in the Converter, and dipstick tube wrestled in(order a new braided one bc didnt like how the stock one sat, im pretty sure its been on 4 different cars) i started to fill the trans. It took about 5qts before it started to spill out the tailshaft and the grommet were dip stick goes in. I see normal fill after service is 5qt, BUT this trans was torn down and had a shift kit and servo installed. Wouldn't that render it completely dry?

2. Nothing is reading on the cluster. Turn the cut off switch at the back on and the needles "sweep" or more like bounce around. Battery voltage does not need, nor does oil pressure or RPM. I dont recall if the SES light lit this time, but i know the odometer did not. But since i dont have an way to see if oil pressure is there, i havent let the car run for more than 5 seconds. The start up vid some of you seen was the longest is run so far.

Which leads me here...

3. Tested out the Str33t 0utlawz starter set up i now have. Car fired right up and ran for no more than 2 seconds before no lie, the biggest backfire i have ever heard from a NA motor. It shook the the saw dust from the ceiling. For the first fire, the car DID NOT have O2 sensors in the collectors. I didnt have the extender harnesses i needed, they showed yesterday so i installed them. So that was the first fire with O2s, and it sounded like a land mine.

Last edited by LS1ow; 10-27-2017 at 08:32 AM.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote