View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #8
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

As an update.

Got a fortin evo one kit. Was one of the few kits that came with the option of no wire cutting required harnesses. Did not want to hack into the ignition harness of my wife's car, so that was a big plus. Install was a breeze, only "hard" part was installing a ground eyelet. And it uses the OEM key fob, again, tried to keep things simple.

It was at the point that I thought to myself, this is going to easy, something must be wrong. Go to start, nothing. Ok, rip out module and check its software, well, looks like they didn't program it for the car it was bought for. Reloaded the updated firmware and check the options I wanted then went back outside. Now it tries to start but never catches. After a quick call to Crutchfield, they suggested reprogramming the module to the key, and voila, starts up. (apparently re flashing the module removes the linked key fob)

Overall a very cool little box, you can go to town setting it up for what you want. Diesel high idle, longer start duration, valet mode, turbo timer shut downs, alarm sensors, etc etc. Had I known about the "high tech" side of things I would have started there but my old self figured the wiring/hardware install would be worse.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote