View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

New Stereo Setup

Well guys, en lieu of the performance mods done to my car, I decided I wanted to go with a setup a little more light in weight. I should be dropping about 50 pounds off the car total. I've been wanting to do this for a while, so over the first few weeks of summer, I will be redoing my interior! Firstly the carpet is getting tossed, and being replaced with black carpet. I have wanted to change the seats for a while but I can't decide on which ones so I will leave that for later. But anyway, back to the stereo, here are the specs of the old setup:

Eclipse 8053 head unit
Focal 165K2P Components in doors with custom fiberglass tweeter pods
CDT Audio CL-63 Braxial Series Components in sails with Satnet Crossover upgrade.
JBL Audio GTO 75.4 Amp for speakers
JBL Audio GTO 300.1 Amp for Sub
RE Audio 12" SE Sub in Subthump Drivers side Stealth Box

The new setup is far more simple:
head unit:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=iDA-X100
and 2 pairs of these:
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...1086022I&tp=95

The headunit is very interesting because it has no CD player. It was a joint collaboration between Alpine and Apple to make the first all digital ipod-to-head unit connection. The first generation of this head unit won many awards but customers had a few complaints as happens with any new product. This is the revised version and should be a winner. I was lucky to get the headunit at almost half-price! I was searching google for more info and I found it on sale at Amazon, which I have a Amazon credit card and gift certificate. I made out like a bandit on the head unit! The speakers were simply buy one get one half off, so I went for it. Radio and speakers with shipping I spent about $400. Not a bad deal at all!

ps- all the old stuff will be for sale once the car comes back from JS Performance for those who would like.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote