View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 06:40 AM   #16
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb1585 View Post
Thank you guys! White seems the way to go. Now can anyone recommend where to buy a hood? Is eBay safe? I've ordered motorcycle fairings on eBay and they've always had fitment issues and had a tendency to melt and crack.
I don't know where my aftermarket hood came from (4th Gen, WS6 style), but it gave my body guy a HELL of a time to fit right. Granted, he knocked it out the park, but he started showing me all of the molding flaws and it was just unfortunate to see how imperfect the production model was.
If I had to do it again, I'd have purchased an OEM hood, but that's not an option in your case since you're looking for a non-OEM style hood.

How important is fit & finish in your case? If you're willing to gamble, no-name eBay models may suit your needs. It depends on what your car is "overall." However, if you're more critical and think you'd like something with more R&D, then it may be a safer bet to spend a few hundred more and stick to the more reputable manufacturers. Usually, neither case will match OEM--which was designed on a virgin car. Ultimately, as far as Fit & Finish is considered, the decision boils down to a trade off between Time & Money.

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote