View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 07:09 PM   #9
johnjzjz

I my guess was just the oppisite air from the shelf has priority because it covers a larger surface and has a great deal of trapped air in a 3 sided box if you looked at the piston on the site it showed the machined valve pockets were altered but that is only because the valve sizes were increased the point at witch the 2 valves meet in the center that area was reduced down about 1/2 way and more interesting was the fact that the entire top of the .375 thous dome piston was blacked over not something you see very often meaning complete and total flame front burn for me, i think the gruve sprayes an air fuel mixture behind the burnt flame front coming at the shelf super idea what all this means ???? the charge is total and complete, does it make more power ? , but for sure if you have ever seen a real dyno run their is an elapsed time the run has logged from the time the throttel is put to wide open to max engine speed ( power ),( the time it takes to get their ) is where i think this has a play, not making more power but maybe you can actualy read , but in real life getting their quicker through the rpm range ( motor reves up faster under load ) a real good thing i have a j head bridge port in my shop you can use it to do the gruve if you are going to do it jz

Last edited by johnjzjz; 04-13-2006 at 07:13 PM.
johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote