View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 09:21 PM   #18
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

While on LS1Tech, I noticed another member's location was local to me. Being a college student & new to the Car world, I loved the idea of wrenching with a knowledgeable friend rather than cussing & breaking things solo via online write-ups.

Fast-forward a bit and I grew to see more & more advantages to this local forum than I could have ever anticipated. The Parts market here was like being in a candy store. There's just something really awesome about having performance parts pop up all around you, within a 20 minute radius. It was also comforting knowing that a lot of the guys selling stuff here weren't just Randos. Folks here really get to know one another over time--between meets, text messaging, joint wrenching sessions, and general forum-posting, you got the feeling that the likelihood of getting scammed on a local board like this was a lot less than on a LS1Tech/Craigslist/etc.

Fast-forward a couple of more years to after my wreck. I didn't fully realize just how awesome this club & the people in it were until after my car had been totaled. Suddenly, I was left without a FBody. Before I was even healed from my minor injuries, I was already offered a roller from a member here. Thereafter, I was given and sold parts/panels/needs that were going to help me build this FBody back up from scratch. The most impressive part for me though, was having club members religiously stop by on weeknights, after their 10-hour work days, to turn wrenches with me, or devote their entire Saturdays or Sundays to working on their backs, in the winter cold, on a car that wasn't even theirs.

BlackbirdWS6 used my car for his projector business.
Creeper & MyFirstZ know every inch of my car as well as they know the back of their hands.
I can't tell you how many parts I've taken from "V" (Paul) over these last few years.
SweetBMXRider was my personal AllData, just a phone call away.
QwikZ28 handled the legal aspects of my recent house purchase.
66_Customs ended up painting my car & teaching me a bit about paint & body work.
The list is never-ending... That's the tip of the iceberg, but I could sit here for days rambling on with stories of all the cool people I've met & many friendships that have accidentally stemmed from this club. I'm glad I found the place. It's result it life-long relationships and so many surprising benefits that I never would have fathomed.

#ThanksNJFBOA

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote